• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No dash lights or parking lights....WTF?!?!?

ResurreXJion

NAXJA Forum User
1996 4.0 5 speed. I have no dash lights or parking lights. Keep popping 15 amp number 15 slot fuse. I have replaced 3 different headlight switches, as it seems to only happen when adjusting the potentiometer/rheostat function of the headlight switch. No difference in any of the (new) headlight switches. Checked all bulbs, look fine. All other fuses look good.Cant find any broken wires or loose connections. Footnote,I still have headlights,brake lights, and turn signals after the fuse pop.

I have researched hundreds posts online concerning this, and it apparently is a common problem.........lots of suggestions, but no one seems to have a solid answer as to what causes this.

Any input and/or advice is GREATLY appreciated.thanks!

Aftermarket radio? If it only does it after adjusting the dimmer then it's a wire short (center console lights or aftermarket radio wired into the dash lights for a ground) in the dash light circuit.

Those are the common areas. The console because the wires can get cut by the shifter. A/C controls maybe get cut by levers. If I think of something else I'll let you know.

Back