• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

o2 sensors

phatrods

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 98 motor that I am installing in a 2001. I am wondering what to do with the o2 sensors. I have installed 2 into the 98 header but am not sure what to do with the other 2. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The '01 motor had the short 2-piece exhaust manifold with pre-cats. The "upstream" sensors tell the ECU information about the Fuel/Air mixture. The "downstream" pair tell the ECU that the cats are working. I don't think the '01 computer will work properly with the '98 header. You could try putting both "downstream sensors behind the one cat., or get the Banks header, install the pre-cats, and put the sensors where they belong.

How are you mounting the coil pack on the '98 head?

I have made brackets coming off the valve cover studs to the coil packs. I was thinking of laser cutting a plate to mate the 01 exhaust to the 98 head but I know this will throw off the power steering pump. just trying to brainstorm

Back