• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which leaf springs should I get to restore OEM ride height?

MichiganXJ

NAXJA Forum User
To put it bluntly, my rear leafs are shot. The passenger side is slightly inverted, and the driver side is flat.

The Jeep is currently a pavement pounder DD, and I don't want to mess with the ride height until I can do a complete lift with properly matching parts.

Quadratec appears to have good prices on leaf springs, but I'm not sure which ones I need. I believe their light duty/OE replacement is rated at 405#, which would be factory spec for a 2WD (mine is 4WD). Would the medium duty springs be good? I've read (here) that the HD springs add ~2" over stock height.

I don't mind a slightly stiffer ride, but I'd like to avoid making the Jeep ride like a dump truck or giving it some ridiculous raked stance.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe go for the HD springs and some spacers up front, for a simple BB lift.

Quadratec, Rusty's, and Morris all sell Crown replacement springs. See here for spring specs, or search. You might also look at your springs- mine had the part number stamped in the leaf- pretty fool-proof way to determine which springs you want.

Quadratec, Rusty's, and Morris all sell Crown replacement springs. See here for spring specs, or search. You might also look at your springs- mine had the part number stamped in the leaf- pretty fool-proof way to determine which springs you want.

Where on the leaf spring is this located? I am looking into the same thing.
Thanks!

Mine were stamped near the rear end of the (I believe it was the main or second) leaf. Been a few months, and the leaves are sitting in my friend's barn, or I'd run out and look.

Back