• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2Dr guys, I need help!

mdoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I bought a 97 XJ 2Dr, with the vent windows that pop out on the long back windows.... on that smallpeice of glass,is a black "dot" that holds the glass in, mine are HORRIBLY rusted. Where can I get a replacement? My local dealer couldnt seem to find it in the parts listing (dumbass's I know).... does anyone have a spare set I could buy or know where/how much to get a new set?

windowdot.jpg

Please and thank you ahead of time

Did you not want to go the sand n' can route? It is just a small piece. Or, (I may be wrong here) they are obviously not the same shape as the front vent windows, but the hinges and retainer clips may be the same, someone else can either prove or disprove that if they would like.

IF it's the same part as an 89. My parts books for 97 doesn't show it but my 89 does!
The latch piece is # 8350-2272 and the hinge pieces are # 8350-2274-5 Like I said these will only work if the are the same as 89. I will try to get a pic of my 89 2dr as a reference here shortly.

I thought ( until I saw that pix) they deleted them on the OBDII models as I have not seen them on metal hatch Jeeps.

I'd just coat it heavily with a rust type lubricant, remove the hardware, clean it up, and re-install it. Chances are that the though window gasket is also shot, so you will probably end up installing with RTV.

Another option would be to post as a WTB in your Chapter Forum and see what crops up.

Ron

Ron

yeah but i donate enough parts back, plus i have seen them overcharge for dumb stuff, i feel ya though, i too have told them i had 2 pockets full of lug nuts and they said not to worry, so please dont think i go there with swipping as my sole intension.

My 97 parts guide lists 4773 489 as the PN. It's the entire latch assembly.

Back