• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix TB, 89 4.0L

andromeda2015

NAXJA Forum User
It's probably the same dilemma that many of you have had. I have a Renix TB and would like it bored out.

So what are my options for a bored out Renix TB? So far, Ive only been able to find one at http://www.xj-armor.com
Are there any other companies out there?

What about boring it out myself? Is there a supplier of larger plates? What are the complications that are involved with this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Isn't there some complications with the sensors and cable? Or can this be easily done?

I have the one from XJ-Armor. It works great for me. I just didn't want to go through the sensor, HO throttle body finding problem and spend more money when you get a like new throttle body from XJ-Armor for the same price as what other places charge for just boring it out. Turbo City will bore it out for 200, Accurate Machine in Delaware will bore it out for 200. So 185 shipped from XJ Armor (I won it on Ebay) seemed like the price for me, with a 50 refund for my old one. Good deal if you ask me. Juice

For what its worth....throttle plates are unbelievably hard to find. NOBODY makes them...and even less people sell them. You could get a throttle plate from xj-armor.com for a 58mm bore, however the problem of a precise bore on a renix body with only a drill press is tough. A machine shop should be able to do it for pretty cheap if you give them a plate to match the bore to. -Steve

Back