• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Train horn Installed! Pics!

4WDlifeform

NAXJA Forum User
I thought I would share with all of you my weekend project! with much thought into it, I needed to install train horn, tank, compressor, and amplifiers. Here is what I came up with:

Using the Bracket for the spare tire mount:
DSC_0124-1.jpg

Perfect size!
DSC_0125.jpg

Installed:
DSC_0128-1.jpg

To make room for the Horns, I did the cowl Intake relocation idea. Found some great write-ups on it! My 2 cents on the relocation: Going to be great for water resistance. The sounds is AWESOME on the inside! Sounds like a V8! haha. I cant say I notice any power difference (loss or gain). I used what most people did on the writeups, but for the flex-tube, I found RV sewage piping for 10 bucks! it is plenty strong to hold up to the vacuum pressure.
DSC_0131-1.jpg

Next was air tank placement. Fabricated this:
DSC_0135-1.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Added the amplifiers, and air distribution:
DSC_0140-1.jpg

The completed Engine Bay:
DSC_0142.jpg

And Complete Rear Cargo:
DSC_0143.jpg

You might want to place that Fire extinguisher some place useful. It looks great back there, but in an emergency, you don't want to be fiddling with your gate to access the extinguisher.

Otherwise, Enjoy the horn :D

Ron

Cool idea for the compressor mount. I like your sub box too, was that custom built?

Now all you have to do is go scare people walking down the street, and video tape it. It makes for great youtube entertainment.

the idea looks good, but I would be concerned with that tank and amp being mounted like that.
that metal looks anything but strong, and in an accident if that contraption fails, the tank and amp are now heavy projectiles aimed at the back of your head. even if the hoses, wires hold them back a bit, anyone in the back seat is gonna get hurt.

the install looks clean otherwise, but I'd be concerned about that mount/structure.

Be careful about where you use that thing, an aquaintance of mine had one of those...and racked up quite a few tickets. The police got familiar with his car and were always hassling him....cool idea...just watch how much/ where you use it.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I don't think I did much special with the sub box, but I could provide a write up. I do not have any pictures of the build, so I don't know how helpful it will be.

Cool posts on those crazy horns! haha. I use my horns just for show mainly, and for the moron drivers that deserve a good slap in the face haha. They are on a separate button. I still have my regular horn.

I don't know where he got his speaker box from, but I do know of a place that sells the speaker box to put where his is:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=360&plID=1191&partID=10209

Its cause I built mine for a fraction of that price. I have seen those, and many others like it. I also so others build threads... didn't look to hard, and it really wasn't. Took hardly a day, and overnight for the liquid nail to set. I made it completely by try. No blue-prints. Just went to work.

Todays weather is UGLY... so in a day or two, I can pull the box out, and get you guys a write up! Stay tunned...

idk about the train horns, im pretty happy with my harbor frieght 10 dollar air horns =) i just need an air tank for my horns to sound better. that compressor drains the juice!

i have an OLD 1930's AAOOOGGGAAAHHHH horn im contemplating install, sounds really cool and turns heads everywhere, sorry about the discription, just not sure how to discribe it! haa

Why, they take up space and are as annoying as the idiots running around with 10 inch stacks. Don't mean to offend its a nice install but its just stupid. I am surprised the Scion in that video could even drive with that monster in it!

Nice write up. Im doing an OBA install with a york. That way I can run my train horn off that and still air up when needed. I dont like having the compressor in the truck it takes up too much space. I like your Cowl Induction custom cold air intake, I did exactly the same thing only mine was with ABS pipe from Home Depot. I digg it!

Back