• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 11, 12, 21, 56

I had the same problems last year. It turned out to be the the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor is not read by the ECM when the engine is cold or when a WOT is detected.

I had the same problems last year. It turned out to be the the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor is not read by the ECM when the engine is cold

11-camshaft signal or ignition signal
12-Memory to controller has been cleared (ignore as this is not a problem)
21-Oxygen sensor signal
56-no idea; not in my manual. Are you sure it's not a 55 which would signal the "end" of stored codes. Ignore if a 55

I agree with Techno. When engine is in open loop, computer uses default values (enrichened) for fuel/air mixture. When oxygen sensors reach a certain temperature and you reach closed loop, mixture is determined by the oxygen sensor input signal.

So, if your vehicle is not symptomatic when cold and symptoms start only when warm, gotta concentrate on things in play during closed loop. The #1 suspect there is the oxygen sensor itself. Upstream sensor is the one in play here. The downstream sensor is primarily to measure efficiency of the catalytic converter.

Last edited:
Back