• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires Type??

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Did a search and could not really find the answer to my question.

My wife has a 2001 XJ completely stock and it needs new tires pretty soon. It has been a long time since I have shopped around for regular tires so I have no idea what is out there. She uses the XJ to haul around our kid so some kind of Mud and Snow rated and can handle the rain would be ideal. We live in NorCal but go to Tahoe 3 or 4 times a year and we would be taking her XJ on our trips (better gas mileage and not as bumpy as mine). Not too worried about the price and I don't know what size is on there now.

So with that said - Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in Advance....

I had BFGoodrich A/Ts that I got from BJs for a pretty good price....They rode very well and did great in my nasty New England weather... I know this is the AT everyone talks about but they really did make a difference over the GoodYear GS-As that come stock

BFG AT...definitely. Great snow behavior and long tread life.

Firestone Destination LE 225 75 15
They work great on mine and they are great for lateral performance in the wet

Bridgestone Dueler AT'S
I Had the BFG AT's, didnt like
i switched to the dueler at's after the stock tires wore out, they are quieter, ride nicer, last longer and can go more places! My first set i had 235/75's lasted for 80,000 miles!

StylerG said:
Bridgestone Dueler AT'S
I Had the BFG AT's, didnt like
i switched to the dueler at's after the stock tires wore out, they are quieter, ride nicer, last longer and can go more places! My first set i had 235/75's lasted for 80,000 miles!

I was reading about these. They have a new tire out that is suppose to be better and last longer.

Thanks....

I picked up a set of 225/75/15 bridgestone dueler revos at Costco, which you might not have out there, for about $375.

Coming from 2 sets of BFG AT's and 1 set of Goodyear MT/R's I was really impressed with these tires. They have great traction in all conditions, pretty much the same as the BFG's, ride quieter then the BFG's, and weren't to expensive

The BFG's look more aggressive though

I've had them for about 10,000 miles and they still look new, my friend has 20,000 miles on his set which are on an AWD V8 yota 4runner and they are showing minimal wear

A plus with having the BFG's in tahoe is that they are severe snow rated

Just called a buddy over at Americas Tire Co. and he recomends the Yokohama Geolander HTS. They run for $102 ea. He says they are quiet, great in the snow and great in the rain. Last about 60,000 miles.

Any thoughts?

Back