• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with girdle torque procedure....

milehigh

NAXJA Forum User
This is a 00' xj I'm checking my bearing clearances and the chiltons I have only mentions rod and main torque specs. It doesn't even mention what I refer to as a girdle. It ties all the main caps together. It appears that I can take it off without having to loosen all the main caps as in there is another nut underneath. So first what is the torque value for the girdle and second what is the torque sequence? Anything else I need to know that my wonderful manual left out? Thanks

thank you, I just got done doing a search and finally found some info. I have to apologize I was out in the garage and wrote that on my iphone so doing a search wasnt really an option( theyre amazing little devices but still need a full keyboard and a real processor to search for info without taking all night ) and was trying to wrap it up tonight but ran into other issues so I called it a night so I could search a few other topics and start fresh in the morning.

Back