• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to expect for weather...

Moab weather for this event is usually long sleeve/light jacket in the evening and short sleeve during the day. Of course, variations on this will occur. :)

Beezil said:
theres an 80-percent chance of nudity.....

Dude, you're going to scare off the first timers with talk like that.

You're starting to scare me!

hinkley

You can't blackmail someone that doesn't care :rolleyes:

Is Fat Melinda gonna play in the nude? Have you guys found an opening act yet?

You're in the desert in Oct. anything can happen. Be prepared for it.

After blowing my Tellico forecast big-time...I'm reluctantly giving Moab a try:

I forecast a chance of rain every day and up to several feet of snow every night. There will be periods of sun and cloudy skies.

Bring your woolies and lots of Yukon Jack.

Your right Woody with some many fromt eh SE coming it should rain...it rains evrytime we ride these days...LOL

Beezil you still want your NAXJA boxers??? If it gets to chilly in the evening you might need a little something...

You mean it was YOUR fault the monsoon washed out the last evening and day of NACFest? :confused:

Remind me to give you guys new directions to PA for next year.

BTW, the quickest way to Moab from Alabammy is to take I59 south to Laurel, MS, then US84 into Looseeanna till you hit US167, run that north towards Little Rock, grab US65 up to DesMoines, you can jump back on the InterState there (I80) to Utah (Salt Lake City). Then run US40 to Vernal, UT45 to Bonanza, then there's this neat little gravel road that'll get you down to Grand Junction. And from there it'll be an easy couple of hours to Moab.

We'll keep the light on for you. :D

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike you missed the turn in Albuquerque...now is that a left or right, I always get that one confused???

Beezil said:
theres an 80-percent chance of nudity.....

Beezil's known for his random streakfests.......which is why he shaves his head......hard to tell one end from the other when he's doing handstand sprints across the campground........:eek: unless he forgets the full body wax, then it's just a hairy mass of obscenity.

I'm looking at snow on the Wasatch Range out my window right now which is not normal for this time of year in Utah, but not that uncommon either. Moab is a high desert climate, in October I've seen 95 degree days, and have driven off Poison Spider in a blizzard, both being extremes. Plan on 75-80's during the day, 35-45 overnight, temps can flux either way by 20-30 degrees if a storm move through.
As a "local" Utahn, I pack for summer and winter weather when visiting Moab in the spring and fall. Shorts and t-shirts during the day, sweatshirts, long pants and jackets for nighttime wheeling.

BTW, 3 out of 4 local "Weather Tortises" have predicted an early and severe winter for Utah.
:D

XJEEPER said:

As a "local" Utahn, I pack for summer and winter weather when visiting Moab in the spring and fall. Shorts and t-shirts during the day, sweatshirts, long pants and jackets for nighttime wheeling.
BTW, 3 out of 4 local "Weather Tortises" have predicted an early and severe winter for Utah.
:D

"Utahn"?
you just made that word up didn't you...
;)

fwiw, snow here in colorado this week too (vail, aspen).

Kudzu said:
Beezil you still want your NAXJA boxers???

Whatever you do, do not give those to him till he's leaving... he might feel the need to show them off......ok... now I gotta go get something to drink to sterilize the bad feeling I got about this one...:wow:

Nah...I will give them to him as soon as I see him....Let the games begin...I have been promiseing him to have them for over a year...

If she doesn't give them to him, he may decide to show everything off.

Back