• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my rig, 1998 xj built,

rockhounds4x4

NAXJA Forum User
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1540957555.html

the family no longer fits, it needs a new home. $6995 neg. to a point.

if you know anyone looking for a very solid rig.

thanks for looking

1998 xj sport, $ 6995 OBO
NOT A KIDS CAR, ADULT OWNED, DRIVEN AND MAINTAINED

power windows
power door locks
power mirrors
4.0 ltr motor,
gel cell battery
very reliable no known mechanical issues,
new front hub bearings bearings, new brakes
new front drive shaft
heavy duty rocker skids, you can lift the vehicle with them
reinforced unibody, 1/4 steel reinforcement
automatic transmission swap, done about 20k miles ago, 52K total miles on tranny
custom leaf spring conversion on front,about 9 inches of lift
--- leaf springs built by denver spring
---11 inches of overall travel
---rig was not modified, could be coils again
rear suspension is 4 inch leaves, 2 inch shackles and 2 inch blocks
high pinion dana 44 front axle, full width, completely rebuilt
ford 9 inch rear, full width, completely rebuilt
4.88 gearing
bomb proof heavy duty tie rod and drag link
high steer on passenger side for drag link
rear lock right locker
35 inch bfg mt tires, decent shape
front winch bumper, new smittybuilt 8000 lb winch
tomken rear bumper with swing away tire carrier and full steel rocker guards
3rd row seat, could be removed
1 1/4 t-case drop
front long travel drive shaft
bushwacker fender flares
factory roof rack
a/c, has a leak, runs cold when charged
4 core heavy duty radiator
oversized tranny cooler
in dash cd with ipod/aux jack
sony speakers
interior is in very nice shape, a few stress marks in drivers seat
hella off road lights,
drivers front fender has trail damage from previous owner
small trail mark on drivers rear under side window also there when i got it
new windshield
new synthetic winch rope

170k on motor everything else has been replaced, repaired or rebuilt

shane 720-394-2542

the family no longer fits, it needs a new home.

Oh gawd, that's weak sauce Shane....... Tell 'em to go get their own dadgum jeeps then.... :twak:

:D

Sucks to see you part with it. You gonna build something else? "Godzilla-'burban"? or something?

Hey troy,

there are four of them and you know they are all under the age of ten right.

I am going to miss it, it has been great. went through emissions for the sale, first time in six years. i knew it was a good rig but not that good. they did not even finish testing it, fast pass they call it, it it ran so clean. the guys at the testing facility even commented on the numbers.

I sold it on tuesday you will probably see it back on this board under its new owner he is a noob to wheeling so take it easy on him. picked up a 99 durango for its replacement. v8, 3 rows

debating whether to do lift as is or a 44 front end swap. I know the advantages off road with the swap, but the thing does ride smooth with that ifs, anyway, 4.56 is the lowest gear ratio available, guys are running 35 with the tough country 5.5 lift. i found some really sweet bumpers [FONT=&quot]http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiDodDur9803.html

the motor will get the usual cold air intake, cat back chip etc.

i know i am giving up alot of off road capability, but we will see what she can do.
[/FONT]

Hey troy,

there are four of them and you know they are all under the age of ten right.

I am going to miss it, it has been great. went through emissions for the sale, first time in six years. i knew it was a good rig but not that good. they did not even finish testing it, fast pass they call it, it it ran so clean. the guys at the testing facility even commented on the numbers.

I sold it on tuesday you will probably see it back on this board under its new owner he is a noob to wheeling so take it easy on him. picked up a 99 durango for its replacement. v8, 3 rows

debating whether to do lift as is or a 44 front end swap. I know the advantages off road with the swap, but the thing does ride smooth with that ifs, anyway, 4.56 is the lowest gear ratio available, guys are running 35 with the tough country 5.5 lift. i found some really sweet bumpers [FONT=&quot]http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiDodDur9803.html

the motor will get the usual cold air intake, cat back chip etc.

i know i am giving up alot of off road capability, but we will see what she can do.
[/FONT]

congrats on the sale, Shane, had to be hard to part with. I vote SAS for the Durango, you'll HATE wheeling IFS after the stability of your leafed XJ... I'm sure you can figure out a spring/shock setup that will make it cushy enough!:cheers:

I saw your former rig on I-25 & 38th going the other way this past Tuesday. Had a temp tag, said to myself "I'll be damn, he got it sold." :thumbup:

The Durango will be a pretty awesome ride..... definitely go SAS...... IFS (n)

Hope to see ya around Shane! :wave:

ill have to go take a couple pics of this exoed durango when i get a chance and post them up for ya... Its Bad ass!

Oh yeah - that one that's out front of that tire shop down south? That thing is a beast.....

troy i think that mike is still running my tags till monday so it must have been another rig. although he does live down in that area.

i decided for now to do the 5.5 ifs lift on the rango. i know i am giving up a lot but this thing was never meant to go back to penrose. its been a while since i had a rig that i did not mind bending up. had a few of them but the last time i got that radical was 2004. i am just not in the mood to build anything right now. one thing i did not like about the xj was the mess it made of itself in a snow storm, full width axles have their drawbacks, not many but some. since i plan on driving this rig like i did the xj i wanted something a bit more mild mannered. if i have to give up the xj there should be some kind of up side, cleaner windows could be one of them.

the 5.5 should allow me to run 35's, i ordered 4.56 gears for it this morning as well as the lift. it should be trail ready in about two weeks.

i am debating on the sas in the next couple of years. the thing is finding the right width. i don't think i will go back to full width. i may actually narrow some axles for this rig. not a lot just three inches or so. again just to many decisions to go through right now. i will run her as is for a while. well as is if you consider 5.5 inch ifs, soa in the rear, lockers, gears, full armored bumpers and skids, as is.

i will post pics when i get some work done on her.

love to see the exoed rango

troy i think that mike is still running my tags till monday so it must have been another rig. although he does live down in that area.

Sorry Shane....... I know a leaf conversioned XJ when I see one and that was definitely your rig :laugh3:. Might not have been a temp tag - but definitley thought I saw something like that in the back window as we flew past each other on the highway......

Definitely keep in touch - several of us will be a little jealous of your V8 family truckster to some degree. You're always more than welcome to come wheel with the group - we just can't guarantee we won't be giggling a little when your IFS busts a lower ball joint on a washboard road...... :D

Back