• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 CV to U-joints?

nope, not gonna spring for the longfields... I already have a 98 dana 30 and the 86 dana 30, but wanted to be sure they would work so I didn't end up with a vehicle on jackstands with two disassembled axles beside it for the next two weeks.

thanks mucho.

I respectfully disagree, it depends on the kind of wheeling you do more than anything else. A riding buddy breaks an axle EVERY trip we do and he's on 33's, i broke 2 carriers, bent a housing and snapped countless axles with 31's on my last tj. d30's are fine if your terrain and driving style allow. before you polish one consider the fact that you'll still have to worry about it and now it's expensive stuff making awful noises under your jeep. .02

Everyone has their different experiences with certain parts. I am confident that with a truss and alloys and a full case locker (detroit) I will never experience a failure with my D30. People with different driving styles or conditions may well have a different experience. If your plans are big then it is worthwhile to go big with your axle.

Because it's not heavy and with a truss and quality gears it will last a long time for anybody running 33's.

Or you could do a 44 swap, which would weigh about the same as a polished turdy and be a whole lot stronger, and then you've got $900 left for when the inch itch sets in and you wanna upgrade to bigger lift and tires.

Back