• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THANKS RUSTY!

razorbackxj

NAXJA Forum User
No , I'm not going to flame Rusty's just wanted to say thanks for the great service. My long arm kit came in 2 days ago and one of the arms was wrong. I called Rusty and he said that he would Get me the right arm even if he had to stay and build one. This was at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. The next morning at 8 am my new arm was at my door. I know alot of people flame Rusty here , but This is my second xj , have used mostly all of Rusty's products and have never had a problem. The service has always been awesome for me.

Yes. I like them as well. He forgot to send me my Steering Stabalizer and I called him and he sent me one, I had it in 2 days.

The parts I am using, the Fixed LCA's, Trac Bar, 3" Full Pack, In my eyes I love all the parts.

It's nice he did make things right and did it fast. COOL!!!! That gets one big thumbs up from me anyway. Now let him work on getting it right the first time more often and I will make that two thumbs.

It seems Rusty could save alot of money if had a QC person inspect the kits for parts before shipping.
a friend just bought the 3" w/full leafs. he was missing half the shock bushings and half the tow hook set on a separate order. Rusty is also aware that on the 3" lift, he sends 3" coil springs and 3.5" leaf packs that are closer to 4" so the XJ sits like it's getting ready for a little doggie-style action. Rusty's told my friend he'd need coil spacers to even it out. No sh!t. Well if Rusty knows this, why not just include the parts necessary to make a lsafe, level kit and save the customers of having to to do the coil springs twice? The kit doesn't come with U-bolts either. You are not supposed to reuse u-bolts. To me the kits are not kits, they are just a few parts in a box. By the time you add up everything you need to make a 'complete' kit,and missing parts hassles you may as well get an X-treme Rock Krawler, TnT, etc because you are not saving money buying Rusty's kit. Now that my friend has all the parts and the XJ is sitting level he likes it, but it cost him more than a 4.5" X-Treme Rock Krawler when all was said and done.

Yeah , my first kit was a 4.5 from Rusty's and I too found out that I needed those spacers and new ubolts. After that I learned to inquire as to what was included and if I would need anything else. You would think that if anything everyone would take into account the weight of your winch and winch bumper and make the kits to initially be 1/2" or so high in the front. I'm almost done building my new cherokee and got the 6" long arm kit from Rusty and after I get the new bumper and winch mounted it would not surprise me if I have to add a small spacer to the front.

FU#$ CRUSTY'S!!!

LOL....one day I want to see a thread where someone says that Rusty gave him the right parts, good service and quality materials.

Every thread I see...even the ones like this are always posted up after he screwed up on something.

When in the hell are people going to learn?

DrMoab said:
LOL....one day I want to see a thread where someone says that Rusty gave him the right parts, good service and quality materials.

Every thread I see...even the ones like this are always posted up after he screwed up on something.

You know most people wont post when things go smooth.

I ordered his "HD" trackbar and all things come at one time in a speedy time and have had no problems.

I like rusty's. I have 4.5" coils and 4.5" leaf pack, ACOS up front and Shackles in the back. The spacers needed no adjusting to level it out. I have absolutley no problems with his stuff or his service. I recommend him to everyone. I will continue to support him and probably buy more stuff from him.

As said before most ppl don't post when things go smooth only when they go bad. Bad part is alot of the companies I hear ppl saying that are good, I know ppl that have had bad experiences with. Every company is going to screw up eventually. We are only human.

akram said:
I like rusty's. I have 4.5" coils and 4.5" leaf pack, ACOS up front and Shackles in the back. The spacers needed no adjusting to level it out. I have absolutley no problems with his stuff or his service. I recommend him to everyone. I will continue to support him and probably buy more stuff from him.

As said before most ppl don't post when things go smooth only when they go bad. Bad part is alot of the companies I hear ppl saying that are good, I know ppl that have had bad experiences with. Every company is going to screw up eventually. We are only human.

Yeah I agree, Its kinda like what can you afford a hyundai or a BMW? If you can only afford crap then expect crap, but if you can afford to buy a quality item then expect it to be quality. :firedevil

lost a bolt on the trail already

DrMoab said:

:soapbox: Well here is one. His Company has given me the right parts, Excellent service, and I have yet to break a single Rusty's Offroad manufactured part. Can't say the same for Rubicon Express, Yukon, Superior, Moser, DayStar, Genuine Gear, Tom Woods, Interco, Superwinch, Warn, Need I go on.
Everyone whines about this Track Bar Broke. Get over it... If you wheel it, It will Break. However, The Rusty's Offroad Company has consistantly stood behind all their products, provided indepth and accurate XJ specific assistance, been available to hear both complaints and complements, and offers custom fab parts at production part prices. Call Sam's off road or C4x4 and ask for a custom front bumper to accomodate frame reinforcing plate spacing and see what the cost difference ends up to be. Call Rubicon Express and ask for a custom spring pack for an XJ or a custom cross member to fit your specific application. They won't do it. If you want retail parts that are in every catalog, call 4 wheel parts or Quadratech, If you want or need a custom part without stocking a shop with a CnC machine, call Rusty's off road. Seems you all keep mixing apples (Run of the mill manufacturer/distributers) and Oranges (a knowledgeable XJ speciality shop that offers production kits for speciality applications.)

I run mostly Rusty's Off Road parts on my little XJ. More than 40% of those are custom made BY Rusty's Off Road for my application. And they work great!

I commend Razorback for the positive feed back. For those of you who continue to spread village wisdom (I.E. heard that this part broke or this issue occured) and have no first hand knowledge, shame on you...

>Stepping off the soap box......

DaffyXJ said:
I commend Razorback for the positive feed back. For those of you who continue to spread village wisdom (I.E. heard that this part broke or this issue occured) and have no first hand knowledge, shame on you...

>Stepping off the soap box......

Personal experience.
4.5" rusty's rear leafs, eye opened up, and rode like a unloaded tractor trailer.

Rusty's HD steering setup, loosed up every EVERY off road trip and would bind at about 3" of drivers side droop at 6-6.%" of lift. yet they insisted that it would be fine. Not to mention it had about 4" of steering wheel Dead spot.

Rusty's Air tube for a renix, had to remake a mounting bracket as the one they included welded to it was about 3" too short as well as not even close to the right angles.

Rusty's Xfer case skid, Works great, fit well!

so yeah its all "village wisdom"....

Back