• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LTB's Throwing Lugs

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i am in the process of selling my 33x12.5 trxus m/t's to buy some 34x10.5 swamper LTB's. i've heard great things about the LTB's for offroad, not so great on-road but thats to be expected. i'm not going to DD the jeep and it's a committed off-roader but i will have to travel to get to the trails. i was talking with a guy who said he had 2 sets of LTB's and they both would throw lugs going down the road. he sold them because he was worried about a blowout... anybody else have an experience with LTB's throwing lugs on the road? i don't have a trailer so i have to be able to drive to trails. do you guys think i'll be sorry if i trade my trxus for some LTB's?

I've never heard of that being an issue with LTB's. I had a set in that same size and they did just fine for me. As long as your rig isn't a DD and you don't mind added road noise, I'd say there's really no reason not to make the change.

There are 4-5 people in our local offroad group who run them, including me and no one has ever had an issue with them throwing lugs. Getting them balanced perfectly can be a challenge but never throwing lugs.

Last i heard a month ago was there was a mid year back order on them thats what i was gonna get in a 35 and had to get the truxxus mt cause the backorder..other than that i heard they were great

Thornbirds are the ones that throw lugs on the highway, never herd a issue from anyone with ltb's throwin em, all i know about ltb's is that they kick ass off road

I had a set of 34x10.50x15's on my 92, they're a pain to balance as anyone will tell you but never had a single problem on the road.

I hear that for a Super Swamper the LTB's are very quiet! I have heard of boggers throwing lugs but not LTB's.

Back