• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bronco II leaf packs ??

mbennett

NAXJA Forum User
Done some searching and found little info on the broncoII bastard pack, the 1100lb rating looks appealing but i havent found much about experience with them. Im looking for about 3" -4.5" so I was considering using the entire bronco pack under my xj main.
i also need to know the xj front spring eye outer diameter, Im hoping to be able to mod the bronco main to mil-wrap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:dunce:

as long as they are 2.5 wide and not too long, then its like any bastard pack with used springs, its a mix and match to get the right height.

as for the measurement of the OD of the front eye, to be 100% sure, i would measure the spring on your xj.

thanks, hopefully finish polishing new leaves tonight, they use a larger centering pin so ive got to figure out what to do there...think i'll just drill out the xj main. now to find some pins here locally, vatozone thought i was crazy...

3/8" grade 8 cap screws it is, I thought they might work but Im still kindof wondering if I'd break the heads off, being hollow and such. Anybody know of this happening?

Here is the first thread on Bronco II's:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1001715&highlight=bronco+nosigma

Here is the second thread.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1001498&highlight=bronco+nosigma&page=2

It shows my current set up which used a combination of bronco II, S10 and XJ leaves. You get out of a bastard pack what you put into it. The more you dial it in and adjust it the better it gets. No aftermarket pack will ever run as well as one that you set up for yourself tuned to the kind of wheeling you do and the loads you carry.

John

Last edited:
It was your setup that gave me the idea in the first place thanks for the input, If I don't run out of beer i'll be doing the first setup tonight...recuiting my old lady to run the wire wheel for a while. I'll set it up tonight with the entire bronco pack under the xj main and wheel it a little tommorow to see how it acts. MJ shackles on the way. I may have to do a write up on this setup... gonna end up around 4" and it's only cost about 175 so far, rides great. thanks for the info, found some motivation.

Back