• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LIFT: 4.5 inches or 6.5 inches

BigRed93xj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've been sitting at 4.5 inches for awhile now and kinda wanted to go bigger, so I got a 2 inch BB kit to put me at 6.5. Of course I do my research after I bought the kit. It seems the more I read people are saying 6.5 is a little to high. I know it depends on what you use your XJ for and everyone wants something different. In my case its my daily drive and moderate wheeler and I'm running 33's, not going any bigger. I wheel in mosty mud and sand, being from the Oregon coast, but have always wanted to do some rock crawlin. Is 6.5 inches just too high for what I do. I've already rolled one lifted jeep and dont plan on doing that again...
The second part of my question is if I stay at 4.5 inches of lift, do a long arm conversion, SYE and all the other bells and whistles could I have a decent weekend wheeler that can handle most of the terrians without any problems?
I know this is kinda of a opinionated question but I think I'm just realizing that bigger doesnt always meen better... Thanks for your opinions and comments. :thumbup:

skids skids skids ive seen locked and skidded rigs with 3inches of lift and 33's go places that 35's and 6inchs of lift cant think of going(open and under geared). trim your fenders get the long arms make sure your geard and locked with sliders and skids youll go anywhere you want to with a much better cog than going higher!

The second part of my question is if I stay at 4.5 inches of lift, do a long arm conversion, SYE and all the other bells and whistles could I have a decent weekend wheeler that can handle most of the terrains without any problems?

Most would agree that you cant get any better of a set up lift wise then a about 4.5 LA kit and a SYE.

If you are sticking with 33s there is really no reason to go 6.5 IMO.

Yea good point. It just sucks I got this 2in kit now. Oh well. I want to go with the T&T customs LA kit cuz my rides pretty rough right now plus it comes with that sweet belly pan. If I get skids, high steer and some good rock sliderz I should good to go right?

Yea good point. It just sucks I got this 2in kit now. Oh well. I want to go with the T&T customs LA kit cuz my rides pretty rough right now plus it comes with that sweet belly pan. If I get skids, high steer and some good rock sliderz I should good to go right?

And a gas tank skid, but yes you should be good to go.

I think 33's with 4.5" lift is perfect. Get some skids and diff guards and have fun.

Either stick with 4.5" and do some serious fender trimming or go with 1" coil spacers and 1" lift boomerang style shackles. Make sure the shocks, brake lines etc. can handle another inch.

Back