• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Mounted

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any specific instructions/material list for mounting a hi-lift jack to the hood of an xj? I've seen a lot of pics but no real instructions. wing it??thanks!

bcmaxx said:
Anyone have any specific instructions/material list for mounting a hi-lift jack to the hood of an xj? I've seen a lot of pics but no real instructions. wing it??thanks!

I used 1 hockey puck cut in half. Drilled a 1/2 hole in it... and a couple of holes in the hood.

Total cost for the puck and bolts Under $3.00

The only thing that I would change would to have put the puck halves closer together on the hood. There is a slight bow to the hood and the jack bounces a bit at the top of the bow... or the middle of the jack.

My paint is getting pretty well marked up from the trees and brush here in michigan so it is not a big deal for me. Here is the best picture that I have.

I must credit the hockey puck idea to another post here at NAXJA

P9040004.JPG

Back