• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double Cardan CV Joint Bolts

Ulver44

NAXJA Forum User
I just did a SYE in the rear and am using a front drive shaft with it. I'm assuming the bolts that I need are the same as what's used in the front drive shaft where it bolts to the transfer case yoke (5/16" head I think). I accidentally ordered u-joint hardware for a regular 1310 u-joint online, but it's not the same (duh!).

Does anyone know the spicer part number for the 4 1310 CV joint bolts? I don't need this 2-70-18x bearing strap kit for a regular 1310 u-joint, so I would send it to someone in trade for the CV bolts.

Last edited:
i just pull a handfull when i go to the junkyard and throw em in the tool box....or call a yard and ask em if you dont have a pnp

i just pull a handfull when i go to the junkyard and throw em in the tool box....or call a yard and ask em if you dont have a pnp

my local yard isn't a pnp. it's so busy, they seem to want you in and out, so I didn't ask them about the bolts when I got the shaft along with my 8.25 axle. they'd probably want $20 for the 4 bolts if they had them. but i think they cut all hardware or throw in a pile, forgetting which car they came from. :banghead:

Last edited:
If anyone would be willing to ship me these bolts, please send me a private message with your asking amount. I have paypal.

There just standard 5/16x 28 bolts.The reg hex head came with the Tom Woods shaft,or the reduced head works if you have them.

Wayne

I've got a handfull of rears-- if someone can verify they're the same, I can send four your way....

Rears-are 1/4x28 and about 1" long, TC end are 5/16x24 and 1 1/2" long---they wont swap.

Wayne

I think I have a few sets of spares, not sure. I usually keep em when I pull a shaft at the JY. PM me a mailing address and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: yep, scrounged around on my desk and found four front DS CV bolts, where should I ship to?

!!!

They're not 8mm heads! They're 5/16 heads, and if you use an 8mm wrench on them you have much better than average chances of rounding every single one off. Ask me how I know :shocked:

EDIT: you are, however, 100% correct on the thread pitch. Just counted the threads on mine and they're 24tpi for sure, not the 28tpi cited above.

Ulver44 - I'll ship em to you free, they cost me nothing and a stamp isn't worth the paypal hassle. Hopefully USPS doesn't mind me cramming a sheet of cardboard with bolts stuck in it into an envelope :laugh3:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I thought the bolt head needed to be skinny and tall to fit correctly and to get a wrench on them. I'll just go to Lowes and get 4 Grade 8 5/16"-24x1.25" bolts and report back if they don't fit! Thanks again!

Thanks everyone. I thought the bolt head needed to be skinny and tall to fit correctly and to get a wrench on them. I'll just go to Lowes and get 4 Grade 8 5/16"-24x1.25" bolts and report back if they don't fit! Thanks again!

Well, my Lowes didn't have 5/16"-24 bolts, but Advance Auto had bolts in this size packaged by the Dorman brand. I don't know what grade they are, but with the stress dispersed between 4 bolts do you all think they will hold up alright?

Back