• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KC 130W slimlite install help

NickThePyro

NAXJA Forum User
I have 130W KC slimlites and it includes the wiring harness and a switch. I am isntalling it into my 99XJ with NO factory fogs. I pulled on the switch pannel and there is a plug with 4 wires sitting there but no switch. With searching I see they do that on most cherokees. What wires for my KC switch should I splice into what wires of the factory harness? I looked in my dads FSM for his 98 and it didnt say what leads were what that I could find. Also where do those leads behind the dash go to? Any relays, grounded, power?

Thanks,
nick

I was told not to use the factory wires by KC hilites over the phone,So I just went and bypassed the factory wiring and used the supplied harness. HTH.

FishJeep, was this due to the draw of these lights? 130W is a lot, but since i was considering a pair of these I wanted to find out the reason... is the stock wiring too small? Did they give you any explanation?
:dunno:

Thanks.

They said that they couldn't warranty the lights if wired into the OEM wiring and the 130w load would put undo stress on the factory harness.

You can use the factory wiring to power the relay, (12v positive to switch the relay) then run the power from the battery, straight to the lights.

foglite.jpg

Back