• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another backspaceing question,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to make some type of "informed decision" on some bargain rims for my old XJ and was looking for the definitive answer on what " negative or positive back spaceing I should be looking for with my current modest 4-inch lift and 31 inch tires and a later purchase of something like the BFG 33-incher-I am confused by an additional term called "offset"-I understand vaguely that different rim manufacturers use different reference points to explain their product but I am just at a loss to understand what rim I will be needing-Again any and all advice/suggestions appreciated-TIA

i would look into some steel rims like cragar. As for back spacing there are many threads on here about it, but 4" back spacing should be fine but you can go lower.

backspacing is the distance from the mounting surface (facing the axle) to the inner part of the rim the lower the number the farther out the rim will sit, IMO 4 inches is a good number to go with, it adds to the stance but not so much as to look weird or overstress the wheelbearings. i run a 15x8 wheel with 4 inches of backspacing and 33's BARELY rub the arms at full lock. also if your looking for a bargain rim the black cragar steelies of those specs from summit racing run 36.99 a peice with free shipping

Last edited:
backspace.jpg

Back