• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket brake kits?

I'd go with a well known manufacturer rather than the unknown " ISO9000 registered foundries" mentioned in the link. Run of the mill Chinese parts won't help your braking.

this is probably the best bolt on kit you're going to find.

http://www.vancopbs.com/product_p/dkj1000.htm

That hurts my bank. Cool though. I won some powerstop slotted rotors and hawk pads on ebay for my tj once and they were a huge improvement over stock and I could stop easily with 33's. I'm lookin for a similar deal.

I don't have a real issue with the stock brake system. My rotors are being eaten through so I need to replace em and figured i'd just upgrade to better rotors and pads to assist in stoppin my heavy swampers a little better.

For brake rotors just get cheap plain rotors. Slotted/cross drilled's ONLY advantage is removing water/mud/dirt from the rotors faster. Aside from that plain rotors have them beat in every catagory and cost about 13523532x's less.

WHere you want to spend the money is IN THE BRAKE PADS get yourself a good set of brake pads. Make sure your brake fluid has been fully flushed out within the last 2 years, make sure your soft brake lines...and hard ones for that matter are in good shape. and make sure your rear brakes are functioning correctly and adjusted right.

If you want to know how brakes REALLY work, go read stoptech's (aftermarket big brake company like brembo) technical articles.

No rear disc conversion needed here. I just want rotors and pads cuz that's all it needs. :)

I decided to get the cheapie rotors at napa just to get me through the winter until I do a complete brake overhaul in the spring.

I see. Well It pays to buy the better stuff, that's for sure. But I always stayed away from lifetime warranted brake pads because I figure something has to wear. It should be the pads and not the rotors. I never messed with drilled rotors or anything like that.

The best pad/rotor combo I've heard (for the front)is EBC Yellow Stuff pads, and Centric rotors. I'm doing EBC Green Stuff(don't make yellow for the rear) pads and centric rotors on the 44 rear I'm building now, and plan to swap yellows and Centric on the front when I do 33"s.

I put the base EBC rotors and pads (Ultramax) on the front of my '97 and they helped quite a bit. With a discount code it was only $100 for pads and rotors not made in China. Check out streetsideauto.com for the best price on EBC. I've never seen their EBC prices get beaten.

I put the base EBC rotors and pads (Ultramax) on the front of my '97 and they helped quite a bit. With a discount code it was only $100 for pads and rotors not made in China. Check out streetsideauto.com for the best price on EBC. I've never seen their EBC prices get beaten.

I don't know where you got the $100 from. I tried to come up with a price like that on the website but nothing is under $200, and that's with free shipping.

Back