• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ LEAFS ON AN XJ

00xjpizzle

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im trying to figure out what id have to do to a set of mj leafs for about 5" of lift with the shackle box relocation, i plan on doing some work to the rear quarters anyway so i figure ill strech the wheel well and move the gas tank back, im just wondering how to get the 5" with leafs and relocation brakets.

any links or information would be greatly apprechated, thanx jesse

not sure if its doable with the reloaction brackets. they are 5" longer than xj leaves (2" front 3" rear of center pin) maybe if you made some custom shackle mounts that are farther back instead.

and they will stretch your wheelbase by about 2".

(this is all assuming you run the stock front leaf mount loaction)

as far as lift height, it depends on what you do with the shackle, but 5" will be possible

do you know a kid named kevin who has a lifted xj in cortland? (jw)

Last edited:
This is exactly why the relocation brackets are made with so much adjustability. Most people install the lower piece with the holes forward. The lower piece can also be flipped he other direction if need be in order to give you that much more freedom.

This is exactly why the relocation brackets are made with so much adjustability. Most people install the lower piece with the holes forward. The lower piece can also be flipped he other direction if need be in order to give you that much more freedom.

i was not aware of this. thought it was a one way deal for some reason.
well this simplifies things!

longer leafs may be in my future

there are a few lifted xj's in cortland i dont know of a kevin, but there are 2 other lifted xj's that i have no idea who they are, and theirs are both white like mine is, im actually a member of the cnyjeep.org club, the idea for this actually came from a friend of mine and then i did some research on found "project gumby" and i wanna do something simaler, but i have some ideas to make it my own.

I used an MJ main leaf, and all the other leaves are from a 1/2 ton Chev. I replaced the front spring hanger and moved it forward 2", and used a boomerang shackle in the back to handle the extra length. On mine I kept the wheelbase the same.

hey i know this is off topic but i have a couple other questions, i joined last feb. and im sure its because of my lack of being on here but i went to post up on another thread and it wont let me, and the other thing is when i log on, ill put my screen name and password in it go to the next screen and say thanks for signing in or what ever then it will go back to the main screen like i didnt sign in at all, i had to go to this thread then click reply to post and the sign in screen would come up then put in my info, i thought at first it was the computer but its happened more then once on three different computers, so if their is an admin. that could enable it so that i could post up more would be great thanx

hey i know this is off topic but i have a couple other questions, i joined last feb. and im sure its because of my lack of being on here but i went to post up on another thread and it wont let me, and the other thing is when i log on, ill put my screen name and password in it go to the next screen and say thanks for signing in or what ever then it will go back to the main screen like i didnt sign in at all, i had to go to this thread then click reply to post and the sign in screen would come up then put in my info, i thought at first it was the computer but its happened more then once on three different computers, so if their is an admin. that could enable it so that i could post up more would be great thanx

There is a user support forum on the bottom of the main forum index, repost your question there. No one who might be able to help you will see your question in this thread.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Back