• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heatercore help

256offroad

NAXJA Forum User
i am having a hell of a time getting the heater box out and i dont think my roll cage is helping me any. i have remove the
blower motor, all the said interior screws, and loosened the 3 studs in the engine compartment side from the box.

and i still cant budge it loose. i have been following this writeup
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=931690

but like i said i am stuck trying to remove the box.

i need to get this changed as i plan on going wheeling this saturday with a high of 20F

PLEASE HELP!

I could have sworn that on my 92 there were 4 nuts on the engine side holding it in place. Have you removed the dash from the jeep as well or is it still in place? When I pulled mine I completely removed the dash, blower motor, a/c lines, heater lines, windshield washer res, and once everything was out it was pretty easy to look around and find all the nuts and bolts holding it in.

well i cut a strap?!? that was listed in the haynes manual... then grabbed it with two hands and started pulling down and its slowly coming down. i cant pull the dash very far as my A piller roll bar tube is in the way.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but have you disconnected the hoses to the heater core, and the lines to the AC evaporator (if you have AC)? When I did mine (3 times due to leaking replacement cores) I had to have someone pull out the dash about 1.5 inches to get it to drop. I definitely recommend you do a pressure test on the replacement before you put it in and reassemble.

Last edited:
Back