• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im lost here ..leaking fuel from this thing on the fuel rail

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
ok back ground here .. i just replaced the exhaust manifold and I put o rings on my qucikie disconects on the fuel lines ..seems i forgot em las time i worked on it so i think i have more pressure in the rail.. so now this thingy is leaking.. iwas real carful with the intake maifold but perhaps the seal on it got moved enough to create a leak on it..

anyway what the hell is it

116_1639.jpg

Did u get em from the dealer???
I did those same orings on my junk and i tried to use some bootleg orings from home depot.
turn out that there is more than one oring on each of the hoses and they sandwich a plastic spacer.
the dealer set up comes with an "installer: made of plastic and you slide the oring sandwich onto the male side of the set up.Than you slide the female side onto the preassembled oring sandwich.
HTH

I assume it was leaking from the fuel pressure regulator when it was still assembled? Or did you remove the bolt and hold-down clamp when you did the manifold replacement? Otherwise, I just can't see how the O-rings were affected. Regardless, you'll need new two new O-rings. I don't know if the dealer sells them separately.....I doubt it.

The regulator from the dealer comes with two plastic spacers (already attached) and two O-rings in a separate bag. The O-rings DO NOT get installed on the regulator ("male" side); they get installed in the piece that the regulator fits into. You need to lightly lube them first. You gently twist the regulator as you push it on.

yea sorry for the confusion

yes it was leaking from the "regulator when it was still assembled..so this is not a checker or peb boys part replacement..cant I just replace the o rings

no the fuel lines arent leaking ....just tghe regulator

Tom R. said:
I assume it was leaking from the fuel pressure regulator when it was still assembled? Or did you remove the bolt and hold-down clamp when you did the manifold replacement? Otherwise, I just can't see how the O-rings were affected. Regardless, you'll need new two new O-rings. I don't know if the dealer sells them separately.....I doubt it.

The regulator from the dealer comes with two plastic spacers (already attached) and two O-rings in a separate bag. The O-rings DO NOT get installed on the regulator ("male" side); they get installed in the piece that the regulator fits into. You need to lightly lube them first. You gently twist the regulator as you push it on.

thanx for the info TOm ill chek it out

i bought one a few months ago because mine was leaking into the vacuum line and i was getting fuel in my oil.

i got it at advance auto and it came with a new fitting and o rings.

hth
-Tim

VegasAnthony said:
yea sorry for the confusion

yes it was leaking from the "regulator when it was still assembled..so this is not a checker or peb boys part replacement..cant I just replace the o rings

no the fuel lines arent leaking ....just tghe regulator

Just be sure the o-rings are automotive grade, not Home Depot ones made for water.

just picked up a o ring kit from Dodge Mopar...13 bucs..

I cant believe I didnt have any o rings in there before and it didnt leak...wierd

BTW next time I at the junk yard Im gonna look for one of these just in case mine ever goes out

Last edited:
$60 is cheap, the cheapest I can find locally is $80ish. I think mine is leaking internally (i.e. the rubber diaphram), becuase it is dripping from the pinch seam of the regulator.

Back