• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjust. trackbars with larger axle side bolt?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any adjustable double sheer trackbars that use a larger axle side bolt? I have a trackbar that I had to drill the hole slightly larger for the bolt to fit so I'm kinda stuck with a larger bolt and can't use trackbars that use the stock sized bolt.

rubicon express 1660 is 1/2". when you say bigger how much bigger?
its a pain but you could probably trying drilling the sleeve a little to fit a bigger bolt. not the best idea though but its almost free.

rubicon express 1660 is 1/2". when you say bigger how much bigger?
its a pain but you could probably trying drilling the sleeve a little to fit a bigger bolt. not the best idea though but its almost free.

It wasn't 1/2" I think. Just slightly larger than the stock bolt. I didn't check the size cuz I just went up in drill bits until the bolt fit. 1/2" would work though i bet. Thanks for that info!

edit: would you happen to know the width of the bushing/heim at the frame end? I'm curious if I can keep the bracket I already have or is it not wide enough or too narrow for a different bar. The RC t-bar comes with a poly bushing and sleeve at the frame end.

Last edited:
i drilled my sleeve to 1/2" and worked fine on my stock bushing!

I tried this on my TJ when I got a JKS t-bar cuz my stock hole enlarged itself. I had to press out the sleeve and that was very difficult to do cuz the bushing would come out with it all tangled up. I couldn't drill with it in the bushing cuz it would melt the rubber.

BUT if the t-bar comes with a poly bushing then yeah I could drill out the sleeve cuz the sleeve comes out.

I just drilled my axle side mount to 1/2" then went to ACE hardware and found a 1/2" steel sleeve that was the exact OD of stock sleeve and replaced the sleeve. I don't know the name of my adj. track bar but I was able to press out the old sleeve and put in the steel one without much hassle.

I got a reply from andy from ironman4x4fab, like instantly, and he said he'll make a custom trackbar to my specifications and sleeves for whatever sized bolts on both sides for $164 shipped. SWEET.

This is what I want to replace:

DSCF6775.jpg

Note: I have skinny fingers so you can imagine that t-bar being rather thin.

rockkrawler uses some dookin bolts

as well as rubicon express bars

i modified my tnt to run 1/2" back in the day

Back