• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement O2 sensor from quadratec

jwalter04

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody. 99 Cherokee 4.0 liter. I just got the downstream replacement O2 sensor from Quadratec. It looks like, although very similar, the socket end for the plug that comes off the new sensor is just a shade different from the stock plug that comes off the wiring harness. The "alignment slides" as I would call them on the harness end are a 1/16 or so off from the slots on the new O2 sensor end. Like I said, both ends are of the same design but just a shade off. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

Their customer service is pretty good...I would snap a picture with the difference and email it to them if the plug doesn't fit. Could have been a supplier/manufacturer defect, they sent the wrong one, or the wrong one could have been packaged.

some pictures of the problem

Here are some pictures I took of the two ends of the plugshowing how they don't quite line up.

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

Back