• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ towing XJ

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i was wondering if its a good idea or not.

I have a 92 I6 AW4 100% stock and i was thinking of using this to tow my 87 that is modded out pretty good. I know i couldnt use a car trailer which sucks but i have a bumper mounted hitch thing that i got for free. I could make some mounting points on my winch bumper for it to mount to and then tow it by that. But where I would be towing it is up and over the 58 pass through Techachappi. (For all you socal guys) Will it tow it ok or not?

I flat-towed my CJ home from the shop with my XJ. . .ONCE. . . On just flat ground it was bad, slowing for turns it wanted to push the rear of the XJ off the road. I put the XJ into full-time to get the front axle to pull and maintain a false sense of safety.

Throw a LS motor into your Heep, then you can pull it ;)

Twice I've used the 2wd stroker to tow 4dr 4wd xjs(miatas for the record) 75-100mi using a uhaul dolly. The rear discs definitely help a bunch.

Pulling it isnt a problem,stopping it is!

Back