• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP MY rear end IS SAGGIN!!!

CMAHON

NAXJA Forum User
i got 6in leaves in the rear and now that i have added some weight to it (bumper, tire,ect) AND THE LEAVES FINALLY BROKE IN, i need ideas to get it back up again. i want to use revolver shackels (teraflex) and keep clear from blocks. the revolver boast a wopping 3/4in lift if i am corret so i think my only option is a taller leaf. but i don't want it to be to stiff. so this is where i ask all of you... what would you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: HELP MY ASS IS SAGGIN!!!

no revolver shackles. get some adjustables that give between 1.5" and 2"

Re: HELP MY ASS IS SAGGIN!!!

i want the extra drop that the revolver offers. i already have extended shackels now which i am sure play a role in the amount of lift.

You have 6" lift,... and want revolver shackles for more droop. Do you have long enough shocks to make that worth while?

What's your tire size/bumpstop/travel situation now?

Also, if you're dead set on the revolver shackles, the design has the beam on one side sitting in a cradle on the other when compressed/closed, to limit how close the 2 sides of the hinge come together. You could put a taller or adjustable cradle in there and make the revolver shackle as tall as you wanted.

Search for "need more lift out the rear" guy having a similar problem and the same discussion is going on. In that forum, all of the good options have been covered.

All of the options have been covered eleventy times all throughout this forum if you wanna be specific...;)

do yourself a favor, and research revolver shackles on an xj before you buy, or if you dont, at least come back later and tell everyone they told you so.

liposuction?

sorry, I had to...

shackles, shackle relocation brackets, etc etc etc

Back