• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

center pin trouble

AaronJXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i keep having the same problem, i got add-a-leaf's with my re super ride kit, and no matter how much i tighten the center pin as soon as i put the u-bolts back on and tighten them up the pin gets loose again, i tried re tightening the center pin a few times, but had the same results as soon as i got the u-bolts back on, tried putting clamps on the pack and then tightening them, same thing, what weird is this only is happening on the drivers side, the passenger side went together no problems first time
thank you for any help you can give me, i'm dying to get my jeep back on the road

You can try putting the weight of the vehicle on the spring, with the pin in the spring pad and then tightening it. It takes a lot of force to compress those AAls and sometimes the center pin is not up to it even with clamps.

i keep having the same problem, i got add-a-leaf's with my re super ride kit, and no matter how much i tighten the center pin as soon as i put the u-bolts back on and tighten them up the pin gets loose again, i tried re tightening the center pin a few times, but had the same results as soon as i got the u-bolts back on, tried putting clamps on the pack and then tightening them, same thing, what weird is this only is happening on the drivers side, the passenger side went together no problems first time
thank you for any help you can give me, i'm dying to get my jeep back on the road

Check if the threads are stripped?

I have never had that problem. I use a 'C' clamp to pull the springs together then tighten the center bolt. What grade bolt do you use? Could it be the bolt is stretching?

I use 2 BIG C-clamps,never had a problem.

Back