• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TIG

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Whats a good recommendation for a budget TIG for personal use that will get a couple of hours of use a week and that could weld at least up to .120 wall tubing..but wouldnt hurt for it to be able to weld 1/4.

I picked up a used Miller EconoTIG not too long ago. It can do .120, and 1/4" is where the "not recommended" range of thicknesses start. I'm sure with some beveling and a couple of passes it would be fine. It does have a low duty cycle which is the down side.

I actually have yet to really use it, but if you ask foxwar71, he can tell you how it works, as its sitting at his house and he has been using it.

Last edited:
I picked up a used Miller EconoTIG not too long ago. It can do .120, and 1/4" is where the "not recommended" range of thicknesses start. I'm sure with some beveling and a couple of passes it would be fine. It does have a low duty cycle which is the down side.

I actually have yet to really use it, but if you ask foxwar71, he can tell you how it works, as its sitting at his house and he has been using it.

:thumbup: the econo kicks some good butt. ive done a couple pieces of 1/4" with it, once i get the arc started i just floor it. ill be using it to weld my 5/16th thick truss to the center section of my hp60. beveling and such will deffiently come into play. ill also be using it to make all my steering and suspension links. i think that it would work perfect for what you wanna do.

Back