• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

318/360 V8??

Nick_n_ii

NAXJA Forum User
I know there is alot of write ups on putting GM motors in a XJ.

But has anyone done a 318/360?

I'm kinda looking at this option but it's a ground up build that has no wiring at all I'll be using a complete donor rig for wiring and all.

And just kinda wondering anyone done a V10 swap?

Nick

You will never be able to fit a V10 in due to length. Even a V8 is tight because you have to move the engine forward from where the I6 sits

Someone squeezed a -10 into a wrangler. I'm sure it would go into an XJ with a few little tweaks. :D

If you want the Cryco LA engine, start with a V-8 Grand Cherokee. The motor mounts, etc. will still need to be fabed(different frame rails), but at least you have an installation that worked around the same front suspension.

There are a few folks who've put 5.2l and 5.9l Chrysler V8s in XJs.

I have been heavily researching a a few swaps, The toyota 2JZ really sparks my interest, but the 318 looks to be alot easier.. I have seen many 5.2s swapped into XJ's..

4 Wheel & Sport Utility Magazine put a 5.2L Chrysler engine in a 1991 2 door Cherokee back in the mid '90's. They swapped in the engine, trans, and transfercase. It was tight and they modified the radiator and fabbed motor mounts.

That was a really cool build at the time since they did everything the other magazines said couldn't be done, like 35" tires on an XJ, trimming fenders, and swapping in a V8.

I wonder what ever happened to that XJ?

ive considers puting a 360 in mine.......just because i have one laying around i think i might do one up in the coming years.....and i shall call it "THE FLEX BOX 360"

but yea it would be cool to have seen it done before hand lol

Back