• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag light, no blinkers, and no HVAC???

LynchMob

NAXJA Forum User
99XJ I6 AW4 NP231 A/C

Some weird shit going on when I left work tonight. I first noticed that the fan and heater controls were not working after about 1-2 minutes. I know they worked when I first turned the engine over. Next I noticed the the airbag light stayed on for all of the 15min drive home. When I went to signal to signal to exit the freeway I noticed it did not work, no sound, no light on dash and no actual light (hazards do work though). I did notice a small amount of antifreeze on the ground the other day but it appears to be coming from the rad near the pass headlight. The 4wd has also been a little bit of bitch to get to disengage. I chaulk this up to the super cold temperature lately. Other than that she's been running like a champ as always.

I haven't done any real troubleshooting or played around at all being xmas and all, not to mention it's cold as fawk outside. Please help. Clock spring? Heater core....pleeease don't say that. I was thinking electrical given all that going at once. Whats your best guess?

Checked it this morning and everything is working again. The cold must have triggerd something. A chinook just came in overnight so the temperature warmed up from below 0F to about 35F. I'd like to know whats up though.

Sounds like classic dirty or bad ignition switch. There have been a couple of good threads recently. See if your symptoms match those of others. Like others have said about grounds, the same holds true for any electrical connection, ground or hot.

Back