• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" spacer to + 4.5" lift

1998xjg

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a RE 4.5" super flex with full spring packs in the back and the front is sitting lower than the back. I have my old 2" spacers and the shocks I got are rated to up to 6.5" lift. I will also be putting a bumper and a winch soon. can I use to spacers to level it or I will run into problems?

No problem running spacers. You might want to wait until it's broken in a little. It'll level out a little as the springs wear in.

No problem running spacers. You might want to wait until it's broken in a little. It'll level out a little as the springs wear in.

x2.

It will take a little while for the RE springs to settle.

Don't stock XJs come with the front a little lower than the rear. I know it's not 2", but I think it's a little lower. :dunno: It's been such a long time since I've seen a stock XJ, I don't remember what one looks like. :D

I ran a 1" spacer up front with my RE 4.5" SF and liked it. I did some work on the front end and forgot to put them back in about a year ago or so.

E

I have a 4.5 sf kit and have been running 1 3/4" spacers and it leveled it out almost perfect. Now that I installed shackle boxes it sits low in the front again though.

Back