• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 pinion yoke

seven

Subluxation Based
I had my driveline break(ujoint) at the pinion yoke and it broke my yoke up. Can I just take the old one off and put a new one on? Do I need to worry about the crushsleeve or it leaking after puting a new one on? The only stuff I could find is that I might need a puller to get it off and that the new one needs to be torqued to 75 lbs. TIA

There is no torque value with a "crush sleeve" pinion,although it will take almost 200ft/lbs to start the process.Some claim to have good luck by counting turns on the pinion nut but I havent found that to work well or very often.The proper method would be to pull the carrier and a new crush sleeve and reset the bearing pre-load.

I have replaced the pinion seal on my 8.25 without replacing the crush sleeve. I haven't had any problems and have put over 60k on the rear end since then. Taking the yoke off and re-torque the new one to specs. You won't interfere with the crush sleeve unless you put over 200# into the nut (very hard to do).

Back