• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I can't find a vendor that carries this part, where should i look?

jeepkid2000

NAXJA Member # 1494
I have the Four Real Steel rear bumper for an XJ. I've been looking for tire carrier that goes with it. the vendors that have it listed say they would have it shipped direct from Daystar, and I'm pretty sure that Daystar discontinued this product a while ago.
Does anyone know where i could get one of these?
do you know if the tire swing for the tj/yj bumpers will work with my xj bumper?

this is the bumper i have and the tire carrier im looking for
kj70003.jpg

this is one for a tj
kj70010.jpg

the only difference i can see between the two is that one has a longer base than the other.

thanks for the help.

if you go to 4x4 sites, and they are selling the tire carrier, then it must be available regardless of where they say it's shipping from. i highly doubt several sites would offer a product like that if you couldn't get it anymore.

GRIMUS99XJ said:
it has been disco and there rear bumper with out the t/c is diffrent now as well

yeah, i think the old line was "world challenge series" and the new version out now is "rock Krusher". I am going to see if the new tire swing will fit my bumper, even though they say it won't.

this is what the new one looks like.
25647-lg.jpg

4 wheel supply doesn't have it. i tried to order it from them last week.

ok4wd.com; 4x4connection; daystarweb; 4wd; quadratec... all of these companies don't stock the part. and daystar doesn't have any in stock.

If you end up not finding one let me know. All I need are a few key measurements, maybe a couple pics and that's about it. Could make a few changes to it too while we're at it.

AJsArmor said:
If you end up not finding one let me know. All I need are a few key measurements, maybe a couple pics and that's about it. Could make a few changes to it too while we're at it.

i like how you think. i could take some measurements of the bumper, add a jerry can holder and hi lift bracket...

what type of bearing would you use to have it hinge on?

off topic: thanks for those rails AJ. took a little more time than i thougt it would with the frame angles changing at the bend in the front.
but they're on and could send you a few pics if you like.

Back