• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temp update!

tj'sxj

NAXJA Forum User
so remember that bouncy coolant temp i hit you up on!? well i bled the system over and over and even deluted the coolant w/ water, finally changed the T-stat and instantly it dropped my gauge 15-20 degree's and it does not flow past 200 either, lil sucker must have been sticky or not completely opening! if all else fails go to the simple solution, thanks guys, TJ

so the dash gauge is still a lil bouncy and i believe the gauge is not a direct conect in the back from the looks of the ones at the p/p today! argh

It really could be the thermostat cycling, depending on how frequently it is opening and closing.

The Stant SuperStat Premium is supposed to reduce that. What thermostat are you using?

maybe i should completely eleminate the oem indash temp gauge ( if no other senders are relayd to it) and install an after market one?

Try disconnecting the wire from the sender to the gauge.

Hook up an ohm meter and test drive it that way. See if the ohms are swinging high-low.

honestly its prob been almosta week! argh, ill buy a ohm meter and check that to the gauge.

Check the sender with the ohm meter. As it is a single wire sender/sensor, and grounds through its body to the engine, did you apply an excessive amount of thread sealer? That could effect its performance.

so remember that bouncy coolant temp i hit you up on!? well i bled the system over and over and even deluted the coolant w/ water, finally changed the T-stat and instantly it dropped my gauge 15-20 degree's and it does not flow past 200 either, lil sucker must have been sticky or not completely opening! if all else fails go to the simple solution, thanks guys, TJ

Glad you fixed it. People need to check that the t-stat has a coolant bleed hole in it and when the t-stat is installed the bleed hole is at the top. That will eliminate a bleed problem.

Back