• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivetrain vibes, solved.. Sort of.

962drrhino

NAXJA Forum User
Just installed a set of soft 8's, and wow what a difference over stock!!! I always assumed the vibrations I felt were fom the three in lift. I had my old wheels balenced several times, no change.
Moral of the story: If you've got some slight vibrations in your jeep, consider new wheels!!

Just installed a set of soft 8's, and wow what a difference over stock!!! I always assumed the vibrations I felt were fom the three in lift. I had my old wheels balenced several times, no change.
Moral of the story: If you've got some slight vibrations in your jeep, consider new wheels!!

Stock :dunno: How is a lifted Jeep Stock?

Did you change wheels and tires? Or just wheels? MTRs can give you the impression you have a vibration, when it is actually the tread. Did you change wheel width?

In general, Steel wheels tend to suffer runout problems more than Aluminum wheels as they bend instead of breaking. Looking for a wheel or tire related vibration can be as simple as swapping the front wheel/tire assemblys for the rears. If the vibration changes or goes away, you're on the right track.

Ron

Back