• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Had an accident, how much to fix?

wildcar

NAXJA Forum User
So this kid in a dodge truck lost control over a blind hill in front of me today on the way to work, its a steep down hill and I could not stop in time so I tried to run into the ditch and when I did my front end dug in and threw my driver side rear end into his pass rear side bumper.
He has a broken tail light and some damage to his rear fender, he was lifted up higher than me. My whole quarter is smashed in and my rear door is bent and wont seal tight. Hatch is fine, glass is fine, frame is straight.
So i will be looking for some parts to replace my self to keep the cost down so the ins wont total it.
Pics will be up soon

Without pics it's hard to say but sounds like rear door will have to be replaced and depending on if it did any damage to the c-pillar it will either have to be hammered out or cut out and replaced.

My whole quarter is smashed in and my rear door is bent and wont seal tight. Hatch is fine, glass is fine, frame is straight.
So i will be looking for some parts to replace my self to keep the cost down so the ins wont total it.

I'd guess that your insurance will total it. A rear quarter panel is not a bolt on part.

Back