• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ugh!!speedo troubles

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
i have searched for info on speedo issues but i still have a few more questions. first i will give you a little history on the problem. for a few months my speedo would work like it should then a few miles down the road it would say 5mph then maybe 65mph when i was no where near those speeds. I did not worry about it to much cause it worked most of the time correctly. so a few weeks ago it stopped working altogether. it now reads well below 0. I searched and decided to replace the VSS and that had no affect. so i search the wire from the VSS to the dash all good there then on the back of the gauge cluster the wire goes into a connector with about 20 other wires. so now what do i replace the whole cluster? wont that make my odometer wrong?is there anything else it could be besides the cluster?

could get a diff speedometer and change it to match the one you have theres a writeup some where on how to do it .I put in a full gauge set in my 85 and reset on ometter to read what the old one did

i guess i will search down a gauge cluster at the wreckers and see if that's what it is and deal with the odometer later

i found a speedo online out of the same year and all looks good , but can anyone shine me onto a link to how to turn the odometer to the correct mileage on my jeep???

if i remember right, i found out you can mess with the odometer by accident. i was bored and took my gauge cluster apart to clean it and i know i took that plastic cover in the front off, but im not sure if i got access to the odometer from the front or the back of the cluster. then there should be like a little gear you can move and that controls the odometer. i hope that helps.

Back