• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best new radiator?

MYXJ22 said:
What are my options for a new radiator?
Anything but something with plastic parts. I replaced mine less than a year ago with a unit from Autozone. It's now leaking again, thanks to plastic. It doesn't respond well to getting splashed with cold water. If you don't play in much water, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you do, get a full metal radiator.

I got a CSF brand all metal radiator from Dirk at DPG Offroad. Got a sweet ass deal on it a few years back through my local 4x4 shop. Its been working flawlessly for two years cooling my 4.6L stroker. I would get the same one if I had to do it over again.

AARON

CFS from DPG.com... love it! all aluminum!

CSF or GDI Three row. Those will take care of all your cooling needs.
-Allen

heavy duty two row modine all metal
from 1 800 radiators or radiator .com IIRC around $170 to my door
I can get you the part # if you like
I've had all the three rows this is better cores are larger so more flow and less potential to get blockage from all the scale in our junk we drive
bought a brand new 3 row 1/3 of the lower rows were blocked and not even letting coolant pass
get a lasar temp gun and you will see what I mean

No offence Mr.Mom but from Radiator Barn, you can spend 173.00 and get a CSF 3 Core shipped. I know I did! And it works awesome!!!

Best thing you can do for the cooling system is upgrade to a 3 Core...

Speaking from expereince -

I replaced my stock radiator in my MJ with a 3 core GDI from 1-800 radiator.
first one leaked as soon as I got everything together, called them up and they sent me a replacement. Ran ok but not as cool as I would have liked, temps were above 210 normally.

After I put my 4.6 stroker in and everything was brand new or cleaned up, the radiator still did not cool like I wanted it to. After running JV and putting my fan through the radiator, I replaced it with a 2 core Modine from Napa and now my temperature runs right at 200 and never any more. I had hooked my electric fan up to run manually but I don't even need it now.

Back