• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty coil sping cup.....

Bero13

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a 3" lift this afternoon and noticed there was about a 1" rust hole on the passenger side where the coil spring sits. I was wondering if there was a way to repair this (the is outside almost perfectly inline with the axle. Or if there was a place I could buy one of these ready to weld on. Any suggestions or info would be helpful.

I had the sort of the same problem. My spring perch rusted out and sounded like a bag of bottles in the front end. I ended up replacing the front diff for a hundred and seventy bucks from an auto wrecker, complete with brakes and steering.

??? Front axles dont use C-clips.

You probably are looking at prices on a dana 35 not a dana 30. Front axle on your Jeep is a Dana 30, one from 91 through 99 will be a direct drop in swap. Make sure you get the gear ratio you need to match the rear, or if you want to swap to larger tires, consider picking a pair of axles up with a numerically higher (actually lower) gear ratio.

well i have an 87 parts jeep. and i know someone who can switch and setup the gears. not sure wut gears my 94 has and my parts jeep has 3.55. but that one has over 500k on it.

You might want to check that parts jeep as it's probably a disco 30 which means you'd have to search out how to remove the vac disco part of it to lock the axle in place.

Back