• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Trip

islandbum

NAXJA Forum User
I know I have posted a lot today. This is my first day on the board and I have gotten some really good info.
Now for the next question.
I am going on a long trip with my xj It is a 92 auto 4.0 all reg. oil changes and done new hoses belts trans fluid changed. Sound engine or I would not be going. I does have 133000 miles on it.
Am I forgetting anything? What would you guys do to it

Last month I hopped in my '96, the first time I'd ever seen it, and drove it home 2300 miles. Put on my tag, checked the fluids and whatever else I could in the dark. Then I prayed it'd make it...and it did.

Fuel filter and check condition of hoses from tank >filter> fuel line. Dont want any leaks and the hose is the high pressure FI rated hose.

Wayne

Get underneath while someone turns the steering wheel back and forth. Check out the steering linkage parts for free play and replace with new if you see free play. A broken tie tod end (on the road) can mess you up pretty quickly.

Thanks guys those are some good ideas and I will get on it.
The trip will take me along to gulf coast of Mexico all the way to the Belize boarder and then up to cozumel.
There are a few xjs on the island but they are for the most part beaters or should I say not yet restored.
I have made the trip before but not with this Jeep. I can't wait to get it on the beach roads. Not a lot of mud or off road but lots of water when it rains.

Back