• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Sway Bar Mount, what to do.

Ten30

NAXJA Forum User
So somehow my sway-bar axle mount sheered off. We were on basically fire trails so I never disconnected them, ("Quicker Disconnects") when I got on the road It didn't feel right so I pulled over and discovered that the mount had sheered off right at the axle and with it went the bushins in the link and the pin that went through it.

So my question is what to do now. Do they make a discount sysetm that you weld new mounts to the axle or.... I searched but didn't find anything about this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Any welding shop can fabricate and install a suitable replacement for your sway bar mounting bracket.

Driving on pavement without a front sway bar is not recommended. The front sway bar provides the stability required to maintain vehicle control during abrupt turns and emergency avoidance maneuvers.

My Uncle shot himself in the foot once. Just because somebody does something and they don't die from it, doesn't mean it is a good idea for you to try also.

Any welding shop can fabricate and install a suitable replacement for your sway bar mounting bracket.

Driving on pavement without a front sway bar is not recommended. The front sway bar provides the stability required to maintain vehicle control during abrupt turns and emergency avoidance maneuvers.

My Uncle shot himself in the foot once. Just because somebody does something and they don't die from it, doesn't mean it is a good idea for you to try also.

I agree, though i drove almost 40 miles back home with out my sway-bars connected, I wouldn't want to do it all the time.

Back