• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Jeep bumpers

shiftyk

NAXJA Forum User
I am the proud owner of a 1998 jeep cherokee classic the only problem i am having is finding a stock looking bumper that has recovery points.. My question is has anyone found or made a bumper that keeps the stock end caps but has the rigidity to mount shackles for recovery purposes? Sorry if this has already been discussed i tried using the search but nothing came up

im not the search nazi but im sure one of them will be here shortly!

http://detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php

xjbackbone04.jpg

desert runner your jeep is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the help and idk next time i wont post ? haha thanks

not mine! got that off of detours website

heres my old jeep
IMG_0005.jpg

i made the mounts with some 2x2 square tube and ran 1/2 plate 18 inches down the frame had the d ring mounts machined from 3/4 steel stock

saw that as soon as i went to the site.. looking like an idiot all over this forum already!! sorry guys i am done

saw that as soon as i went to the site.. looking like an idiot all over this forum already!! sorry guys i am done

its ok we all learn by asking questions! its smart to do your research before asking.

offrd3, thats a pretty sweet bumper Dude! I love the color also, thats the color of my soon to be new rig.

That is very sweet! That is the exact color of my jeep! I like that allot cause it doesnt expose the winch at all!! very clean finish!! do you have a build sheet or any advice that could help me in designing something similar?

I wouldent do tow hooks. I put mine on a few months ago, and two weeks ago I had to be winched out of two different snow drifts while wheeling, and I bent both the pas and driver brackets. And they were the stock tow brackets to. I would save and try to do some shackles and something more beefy.

Thanks so much for the link to the pictures! i am gonna try to do this!! just wondering how long it took to refab the bumper? do you have a steel bender or how did you shape it so well?

Back