• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

s10 leaf packs on xj

01greenxjsport

NAXJA Forum User
ok i already have a 2in lift from spacers up front and blocks in the rear i heard that you can put s10 blazer leaf packs and zj coils for a small lift does anyone know how much lift i can expect and wat all do i need and how easy of a task is this?

I used V8 ZJ coils and 2" spacers up front and a full s10 pack, minus the overload leaf, under the Xj main int he rear. Got about 4" all the way around. Mind you I have an 88 with the original springs, so yours may be a little different. You'll need center pins, leaf spring clamps and probably at least a longer rear brake line. Search for "bastard lift", there is a lot of info on here about it.

thanks a lot thts wat i needed where can i buy a center pin and leaf clamps
Center pins can be bought at any goos auto parts store. I found the best deal at a local Carquest.
Clamps can be bought at any auto parts store or made. You should be able to do a search here or on google to find some info on the homemade variety.

now know im gonna need a t case drop but other than tht the leaf packs and coils what else do i need for this like will i need extended brake lines control arms any new steering parts or if i absolutly have to a sye?

With the S10 springs, if you use the bottom three leaves from it you will get about 4". If you cut the ends off the main leaf and use it you will get about 5". I would not recommend not using the flat leaf in the bottom. Granted it makes a smooth ride, but the center needs to be supported or you will bend the spring too far in the center and it will loose its temper and sag on you.

I used the whole pack minus the overload on the bottom of my xj springs. I got 5" with no sag at all. And it doesnt ride too bad

now did u get tht 4- 5 inches of lift strictly from the s10 leafs or did u have blocks and did u have to extend any brake lines lower the t case or anything else lik tht?

ok thanx luckily my da has a rolled 94 s10 blazer he bought for the engine to put in his delorean its got the four leaf packs

Back