• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

if im running a lp disco axle can i run a hp non disco

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
if im running a lp dana 30 axle thats a disco can i run the later model high pinnion dana 30 that is non disco with no changes to my jeep other then installing the new axle. i only ask because i read something somewhere about a possible problem because the part time 4wd uses the 2 piece shaft for part time 4wd or something which i dont see how it would be possible to have that if i have a non disco axle? am i just stupid and misguided or what. and no i didnt search im getting the new axle in 4 hours and ive got to get some rest ive been up for over 34 hours and im beat.

:doh:

Maybe you should have searched.

Personally, I did not know a vac disconnect low pinion d30 was ever put in any XJ, seeing as the vacuum disconnect was phased out in the early 90s and the low pinion was only installed in XJs in 00 and 01. Therefore I am not sure the reason for your question even exists.

Pyro,

A little punctuation would make that MUCH easier to read.

What year is your XJ? As far as I know, there is no low pinion disco 30; the disco 30's in the early XJ's were all high pinion. Late XJ's were low pinion and non disco.

What year is yours, and what year is the axle you're getting?

okay sorry for the messed up thread. i was real tired and in being tired, while trying to get information on axles i guess i was just skimming the web pages. the site i originally looked at was refrencing yj axles ranger axles and xj axles so i guess i just got mixed up because i was skimming the page. now that iv had some sleep, some coffee, and some time. ive got my facts straight; and concluded im and idiot.

Back