• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another lockup ?

nick86

NAXJA Forum User
ok, just got a 96 country a month ago, 4.0,aw4, stock 3.55's,235/70/s. here's the ?. eng rpm 2000 @55mph, is this norm? want to lift and put on 31's, but want to be sure convertor is locking up. check for codes w/ cheap scan tool, none. can't moniter real time perametes( cheap scan tool). most cars i've driven you can feel the convertor lock up and see it on the tach, but not w/ this jeep. any response would be helpful. have seached all treads on this.

Do you have the rims like these? I personally like them, while it seems they are mostly hated...
2126586_91_full.jpg

silent_bob_662001 said:
ok, just got a 96 country a month ago, 4.0,aw4, stock 3.55's,235/70/s. here's the ?. eng rpm 2000 @55mph, is this norm? want to lift and put on 31's, but want to be sure convertor is locking up. check for codes w/ cheap scan tool, none. can't moniter real time perametes( cheap scan tool). most cars i've driven you can feel the convertor lock up and see it on the tach, but not w/ this jeep. any response would be helpful. have seached all treads on this.

I'm on 235x75x15s and that is where mine ('94 Country) runs in OD. Right around 2100 @ 65, around 3000 in third. I plan to regear to 4.10s when my 31s go on--gotta think it would be pretty darned sluggish with 3.55s (though your engine may be fresher than mine @ 165K).

yes these are the wheel sn there now, but will loose them w/ lift and tires. by the way guys did i mention the cat convertor rattles and best mpg to date just under 12 w/ mostly highway driving. really need to know if this the norm, or start replacing things?

i'm very happy with the power, at 145k on the ticker. have added 62 mm thottle body & k&n air. great acceleration, but thought the rpm would be lower at highway speeds all. sonds like my 2000@55 is in the ballpark, not sure way i can't feel lockup or see it on the tach is all, maybe just painoid w/ new vehicle.

sorry for reposting so soon. just read another thread bout this. does monitoring the c14 term at the tcu while driving it a good shortcut. as far as checking brake switch, tps, vss. i would still like more input on 2000rpm@55mph norm & whether can you feel convertor lock up

My freind owned a 93 GC with the Auto and I remeber being able to feel the converter lockup in third and overdrive it was quite noticable, as for the RPM's I can't really say, I've got the AX-15.

Back