• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle Tube Seals by TEN Factory

offrd3

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used these before and what are your feelings about them. I was thinking about adding them to my axle build.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=43517

imagesCAPUEB6C.jpg

I use the alloy usa ones, they look the same. Remember they do nothing to keep lube in, only crud out. The will slow down a bad leak though.

I run the alloy-usa version (pre-TEN Factory) and they do a good job of keeping the crud out of the tubes. Looks like these have a dual o-ring seal, where the alloy's are a press fit+silicon seal to the tube.

FYI

I bought the alloy usa ones and didnt pay attention to the hole in the seal that allows grease to flow in from the zerk and ended up having to pull my axle on one side to spin the seal so that the hole is lined up with the zerk.If the hole is off your seals wont accept grease.
Just watch out for that......that was how alloy ships some of the seals......really pissed me off!!!

these will also keep your shaft from taking out your balljoints if you break a u joint

Little bit of a Hijack, but are these things even worth it?? I have a dana 60 front, are these made for that application, or will they even make a difference on that axle?

Back