• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker bar

coldforge

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, Didnt know the newer jeeps came with a speaker bar like the "Other" jeeps did. Do they work well? do they fit into lets say a 1996? Do you think its really worth the money and time to make it work?

Is there a write up for this? i tryed to look

I think they are nice, if you are like me and have a lot of stuff in cargo area blocking the hatch.. it muffles the sound a bit.

The sound bar has been an option since the early 90's. I added one ot my 88, it works alright. It means the speakers arent blocked when you have the cargo area loaded up.

You can find them on ebay under the name 'speaker bar' or 'sound bar'. There is pretty always a couple of expensive ones, and occasionally a used one for $20.

The sound bar has been an option since the early 90's. I added one ot my 88, it works alright. It means the speakers arent blocked when you have the cargo area loaded up.

You can find them on ebay under the name 'speaker bar' or 'sound bar'. There is pretty always a couple of expensive ones, and occasionally a used one for $20.

did you have to run your own speaker wires? Is there brakets under the cloth to attach it too?

I managed to find a couple at a junkyard I had to run my own wire and put a screw in the ceiling where the rib is to hold it up. But it sounds pretty good (in my eyes, worth it)

Back