• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It leans

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I have noticed the jeep is starting to lean toward the passenger side..

A couple of other issues i have are, the trac bar (adjustable) needs to be re-adjusted, as the axle is about 1/2" farther out on the passenger side..

the axle is also pulled back about 1/2" because the control arms are too short for my lift, Fixed LCA's for a 3" lift and i sit at 5"

But i am also thinking it could be from Bad shocks.

right now the passenger side sites 1 1/4" lower then the driver side, front and rear.

my plans are to do Drop brackets and bilsteins in feb (tax time) but for now my jeep fund is bone dry.. is it possible its a set of cheapy Rancho's will fix this for now?

Search around and you'll notice this is way more common than you'd think.

I just noticed yesterday that the passenger side on mine is sitting ~1" lower than the drivers. My RE springs are only a little over a year old too. It's due to the torque from the drive train twisting the suspension. I've noticed when accelerating the back of the Jeep leans to the passenger side.

I'll probably end up throwing in another leaf to the passenger side pack to boost up the corner. Shocks won't help level it out, it's usually in the springs. The track bar can also be a problem too if it's not adjusted properly (ie: too short).

My leafs are 3 weeks old. and honestly i think its more a front end issue.. (could be wrong)

swap coils and leafs from driver to passenger side and adjust your track bar.

I have noticed the jeep is starting to lean toward the passenger side..

A couple of other issues i have are, the trac bar (adjustable) needs to be re-adjusted, as the axle is about 1/2" farther out on the passenger side..

the axle is also pulled back about 1/2" because the control arms are too short for my lift, Fixed LCA's for a 3" lift and i sit at 5"

But i am also thinking it could be from Bad shocks.

right now the passenger side sites 1 1/4" lower then the driver side, front and rear.

my plans are to do Drop brackets and bilsteins in feb (tax time) but for now my jeep fund is bone dry.. is it possible its a set of cheapy Rancho's will fix this for now?

i asume your talking about your 89 thats in your sig? the lean is caused from the spool lockers can do the same also

The spool was put in 12 hours ago.. lol the lean has been apparant for about 2 weeks now..

I think i'll fix the trac bar alignment, and possibly swap stuff around and see how things sit after that..

has anyone checked to see if the front coils are sitting in the axle mount properly, if the coils turns a little and is not seated against the stop that is built into the spring plate, it will cause the jeep to lean

I take it you started with a 3" lift? By any chance did you use AAls? If you did, one of them is just going flat that is all.

As for solutions,you can add a isolater,coil spacer or get ACOS.

Same problem on mine. I plan on replacing the coil and leaf springs sometime next year with a more quality brand.

The guy who I bought my jeep from had the drive side coil spring roated to where it wasnt in the stop but made it sit level. I fixed that and now it leans, but at least the spring is held in correctly.

I would definitely say the track Bar is the issue. coils on jeeps tilt inward already When stock. because of this if your axle is off to one side it would cause the coil on that side to sit strait raising it about an inch, therefor the coil on the other side will lean inwards even more causing that side to sit lower. adjust the track bar until your axle is centered and your coils are tilting howard at the same angle.

swap coils and leafs from driver to passenger side and adjust your track bar.

I just swap the leaf packs whenever the lean gets bad, never bothered with the coils. I've only had to do it twice during a 10-year period.

stop puttin fat chics in the passenger seat...lol

Back